ViacomCBS Unveils Title of Upcoming CBS All Access Rebrand: Paramount+
CBS All Access is set to be rebranded as Paramount+ in Early 2021.
ViacomCBS unveiled “Paramount+” today. Paramount+ is the name of the company’s upcoming global streaming service. The company’s transformed subscription video-on-demand and live streaming service, CBS All Access, will be rebranded as Paramount+ in early 2021 as part of the service’s expansion to feature content from ViacomCBS’ portfolio of broadcast, news, sports, and entertainment brands. ViacomCBS will also bring Paramount+ to international markets with an initial debut in Australia, Latin America, and the Nordics in 2021. This is what President and CEO of ViacomCBS, Bob Bakish, had to say on the new streaming service:
Paramount is an iconic and storied brand beloved by consumers all over the world, and it is synonymous with quality, integrity and world-class storytelling. With Paramount+, we’re excited to establish one global streaming brand in the broad-pay segment that will draw on the sheer breadth and depth of the ViacomCBS portfolio to offer an extraordinary collection of content for everyone to enjoy.
ViacomCBS has also revealed plans for a bunch of new originals, which are set to be produced for Paramount+. You can view them below
- The Offer, a scripted limited event series from Paramount Television Studios, based on Oscar-winning producer Al Ruddy’s extraordinary, never-revealed experiences of making “The Godfather.” The 10-episode event series is written and executive produced by Michael Tolkin (“Escape at Dannemora” and “The Player”). Ruddy will also serve as executive producer, and Emmy-winning producer Leslie Greif (“Hatfields & McCoys”) will executive produce and be a writer on the series.
- Lioness, a spy drama created by Taylor Sheridan (“Yellowstone”) with Sheridan, Jill Wagner, David Glasser, David Hutkin, and Bob Yari set to executive produce. Based on a real-life CIA program, LIONESS follows a young Marine recruited to befriend the daughter of a terrorist to bring the organization down from within. The series is produced by Paramount Network and 101 Studios.
- A reimagination of the Emmy®-nominated series “Behind the Music” entitled MTV’s Behind The Music – The Top 40, which will unlock MTV’s vault from the past 40 years for a unique and intimate look at the 40 biggest artists of all time, through their voices and their eyes. The series will be produced by Creature Films and MTV Studios.
- The Real Criminal Minds, a true-crime docuseries based on the hit CBS Television series, and produced by XG Productions in association with CBS Television Studios and ABC Signature.
- The service is also developing a revival of The Game as part of BET’s programming on Paramount+ from CBS Television Studios and Grammnet Productions.
The new original series announced today join the service’s previously announced plans for Kamp Koral, a new original children’s series from Nickelodeon’s Spongebob Squarepants, and the service’s role as the exclusive SVOD home to The Spongebob Movie: Sponge On The Run in early 2021. Additional new original content will be announced ahead of launch.
This programming will join CBS All Access’ existing offering of more than 20,000 episodes and movies from BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures, and more, as well as exclusive original series including The Good Fight, The Twilight Zone, Tooning Out The News, No Activity, Why Women Kill, Interrogation, The Thomas John Experience and Tell Me A Story, as well as upcoming series The Stand, The Man Who Fell To Earth, The Harper House, and Guilty Party. The service is also the exclusive domestic home to Star Trek: Discovery. Star Trek: Picard, the animated series Star Trek: Lower Decks and the upcoming U.S.S. Enterprise-set series Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. Chief Digital Officer ViacomCBS and President & Chief Executive Officer ViacomCBS Digital Marc DeBovoise had this to say regarding the rebranding:
The response from consumers in just the early weeks of the service’s expansion already illustrates the tremendous opportunity ahead of us in bringing these phenomenal ViacomCBS brands together in one premium streaming home under the new Paramount+ name. With the addition of even more content from across the portfolio as well as the new exclusive originals we are announcing today, we look forward to the early 2021 rebrand and bringing existing and new subscribers more of the compelling, genre-spanning live sports, breaking news and mountain of entertainment ViacomCBS has to offer.